Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chuck - Collider: Zachary Levi Interview

Source: Collider [follow link for complete interview]

Chuck

COLLIDER: Zachary Levi CHUCK Series Finale Set Visit Interview


by Christina Radish
January 24th, 2012


With the two-hour series finale of Chuck airing this week, we can finally reveal that we were on set for the filming of that last episode, where we got to interview the cast and creative team about their experiences. While everyone was clearly proud of their work and time on the show, it was also obvious that they were sad to see it go.

During the interview with series star Zachary Levi, he talked about how gnarly it was to film their last scenes, that they spent their last day of shooting on the Buy More set reminiscing about their time on the show, guest stars he wishes could have come back, what he hoped he would get to do as Chuck but never got the chance to do, what it was like to direct his last Chuck episode, and whether fans will feel any resolution to the Chuck and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) relationship. He also talked about his desire to continue directing, his hope that he’ll be able to do a Y: The Last Man movie someday, and wanting to do a Broadway show...

Photobucket

... Q: Was there anything you hoped to do as Chuck that you didn’t get the chance to do?

Zachary Levi: "Great question. Not that these other ones haven’t been, by the way. I’m not judging. One of the things I really hoped I would have gotten the opportunity to do on this show, and I thought I would when we started it, was take advantage of the fact that, ever since I was a kid, I’ve done voices, dialects and characters. I thought, “Oh, my gosh, this is great! I get to play this spy who’s constantly going undercover, so I’ll get to do that.” And I didn’t, really. Very seldom, did I get to do anything that was much of a departure from my character. Season 4 and this last season, I was looking for every opportunity where I could a voice or something. To commit to a character and really get to own that, for an entire episode, would have been really, really fun. And only once, did I get to do any kind of cool prosthetics, which was in the season finale of Season 3, when I was an old Russian guy. Of course, if you looked at my hands, you would have seen that there were no prosthetics on my hands. I was old and wrinkly in my face, but I had young man hands..."


Chuck two-hour series finale airs Friday, January 27, 2012 at 8/7C on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment