Monday, October 17, 2011

Fringe - TV Guide: Ask Matt [Roush] Oct 17 '11

Source: TV Guide [follow link for complete column]

Fringe season 4

TV GUIDE: Ask Matt: Remakes, Community, Vampire Bad Boys, Pan Am, Fringe and More!

Oct 17, 2011
by Matt Roush

Send questions to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow on Twitter!

... Question: Fringe is great, it really is. I wish more people watched the show. It always seems like it ends too soon because I want to keep watching it. The writers on the show are so creative. When Peter got zapped into the lake this week, I was so excited and happy that he is back. What did you think? I did miss Lincoln this week, even though it made sense that he was not there. Do you think we will still get to see him as often now that Peter is back? I like the idea of a Peter/Olivia/Lincoln love triangle, do you? Now that Peter is back, will the history go back to what it was before he got put into limbo or not? I thought they effectively got rid of the baby issue by making him disappear. I did not like the idea of the faux Olivia and Peter baby to start with. Did you? We do get a full season of Fringe this year, right? I wish there were more episodes of Terra Nova too. I understand the episodes are expensive to produce, but even the summer shows usually have 12 episodes. Hopefully it will get picked up for a full season next year. I am just happy that sci-fi is hanging on in the TV world! — Susan


Matt Roush: I loved the reveal of Peter's return, and the fact that nobody including Olivia recognizes him. Such great twists on this show. My understanding is that the timeline stays as is, but now has to adjust to the existence of a Peter Bishop within it. I'm fascinated to see how they reestablish his relationship with Olivia (and Walter, of course), and how Lincoln's presence on the team changes the dynamic. Like you, I'm OK if this eradicates the baby subplot, but I don't want to get ahead of the story. (Reminder: This is not a spoiler column.) Regarding Terra Nova, I'm OK with the limited first season — and if I'm not mistaken, it's at least on par with cable in airing 13 hours before it wraps in December. The show is still finding its groove, and if it's renewed (which I believe it will be, given the investment), the growing pains of this first season can be addressed in the second. It's never going to be the edgiest sci-fi drama. It doesn't have to be. We have Fringe for that. But as a pleasurable and gorgeous looking piece of family-friendly escapist adventure, it's growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment