Monday, May 27, 2013

Longmire - Advocate: Katee Sackhoff Interview

Source: Advocate [follow link for complete interview]

longmire_season2 photo longmire_s2_may27_b_zps35e7d1bf.jpg

ADVOCATE: The A-List Interview: Katee Sackhoff

Proven by her butch roles in Battlestar Galactica, returning series Longmire, and the upcoming film Riddick, Katee Sackhoff is one tough act to follow. So why is she jealous of Katherine Heigl?

BY Brandon Voss
May 27 2013


A queer geek icon thanks to her role as cocky fighter pilot Starbuck on the cult Syfy series Battlestar Galactica, Katee Sackhoff is still kicking ass, now as Vic, a Wyoming deputy, on the A&E western Longmire, which returns May 27 for a second season. Back to deep space this fall in the action flick Riddick, the 33-year-old motorcyclist opens up about her dream to do rom-coms and dress like a hooker...


katee-sackhoff-as-vic-moretti1 photo katee-sackhoff-as-vic-moretti1.jpg

... Q: You’ve played tough, butch gals in Battlestar, Bionic Woman, 24, Longmire, and the upcoming Riddick. Is America not ready to see you all dolled up in a rom-com?


Katee Sackhoff: "I joke all the time that I needed to secure an audience first before going in a completely different direction. Playing tough characters just comes easy for me. It’s not who I am in real life, so I love going to work and pretending to be something I’m not. I love all the action and confidence. But when I finally go do a rom-com, I hope my fans will support me."

Q: Do you get jealous when you watch Katherine Heigl movies?

Katee Sackhoff: "I do! It’s crazy. My fiancĂ© actually did a movie with Katherine, and every night he came home from work I’d be like, “I’m dying to do a romantic comedy!” I read YA novels constantly, so I really want to be in a young adult rom-com, but I worry that I’m aging into the parent role, which is a little scary..."


Longmire season two premieres Monday, May 27, 2013 on A&E TV at 10/9C. CLICK HERE TO VIEW A VIDEO SNEAK PEEK OF 'UNQUIET MIND'

No comments:

Post a Comment