Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Supernatural - TV Equals: Ty Olsson Interview

Source: TV Equals [follow link for complete interview]

supernatural8A

TV EQUALS: Supernatural Chat with Ty Olsson: “The relationship between Dean and Benny is genuine”

By Michelle Carlbert
January 29, 2013

Hey there folks! Well Supernatural has been back for a couple of weeks and if you’ve been reading my reviews, then you know that I’ve found the last couple of episodes a bit of a roller coaster ride. Now that Sam has given up Amelia and Dean has abandoned Benny, I know some of us are wondering what’s going to happen to our new favorite vampire.

A few weeks ago, I had to pleasure of chatting with Ty Olsson, who plays Benny on the show. In part one of our interview, we talked mostly about his movie (and possible TV show, someday) Borealis. In part two of our exclusive interview, Ty talked about Supernatural, including what it’s been like for him to play Benny, the fans’ reaction to his character and what he hopes to see for Benny in the future.

First up, I asked Ty whether or not we fans could trust Benny. He said, “That’s a common theme apparently. The writers have certainly done what they do best with the Benny character because they get everyone to ask that very same question: ‘Am I just being beguiled by his character and his charm or is he going to break my heart and hurt my poor Dean?’

ty_olsson_as_benny1

... Continuing on the same subject, Ty added, “The writers know you guys and they are toying with you. The short answer is I don’t know. My instinct is that I think the relationship between Dean and Benny is genuine. There is no subterfuge, there is no trickery going on. That’s why my gut is telling me from what I know and from how I’ve played Benny. I think there is a genuine bond there. To me it is unquestionable that there is a brotherhood and that there is nothing to worry about.

The problem is, even saying that, is that is that the people in our lives who hurt us the most are the people who are closest to us. The ones who love us are the ones who cause us the most pain unfortunately. So I’m not saying that about Benny but just the fact that their relationship by nature divides the brothers, on some level it causes pain and that’s the bottom line. That doesn’t necessarily mean that Benny’s being malicious...



Supernatural airs Wednesday at 9/8C on The CW. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE EPISODE TRAILER FOR 'AS TIME GOES BY' AIRING JANUARY 30, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment