Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grimm - Starry Constellation Magazine: Bitsie Tulloch Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

grimm_fri_s2_A

GRIMM - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: BITSIE TULLOCH INTERVIEW


by: Jamie Steinberg


... Q) What do you think it is about Grimm that crosses generational lines and all kinds of lines where people love it?

Bitsie Tulloch: "I’ll answer this with a very specific. I went to a Leonard Collins concert last night here in Portland and I had probably four or five people varying widely in ages and ethnicity come up to me and be like, 'Juliette, I love you on the show. Bitsie, you’re great. We watch every week.' It’s amazing. And I was even sort of like whoa, are you kidding me? One of the little ladies had to have been at least 80. And I was just thinking that’s cool. But my grandma she doesn’t - she can’t stay up that late but I always download all the episodes from my iTunes so that she can watch them all. And she at one point - she watched eight in a row. It’s scary but it’s not too scary. It’s definitely suspenseful but I think like the overarching theme is that you have a lot of different sort of genres smushed seamlessly into one show. You have people [who] like procedurals, the romance, the fantasy, sci-fi, it’s funny with characters like Monroe and Sargent Wu who are really funny. And then you have these cool, these whole morphing creatures and the visual effects and all of the prosthetics. You know, the guy [Barney Burman] who does our makeup won an Oscar for Star Trek and he does all of the prosthetics for the monsters. And I think that’s one of the reasons that for the most part it’s very seamless, the morphs because a lot of shows just do effects now and we still like sort of half and half..."


Grimm's Fall Finale airs Friday, November 16, 2012 at 9/8C on NBC.

juliette_bitsietulloch1

No comments:

Post a Comment