Monday, November 5, 2012

Doctor Who - Collider: Matt Smith Audio Interview

Source: Collider [follow link for interview transcription]

Doctor Who Season 7

COLLIDER: Matt Smith Talks DOCTOR WHO Series 7 Part Two, the Show’s 50th Anniversary, the Return of Neil Gaiman, and More

by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
November 4th, 2012

At last weekend’s London Comic-Con, I [Collider] was able to participate in a very small roundtable interview with Matt Smith for Doctor Who. While many were nervous when Smith took over the role from David Tennant, I think he’s done an incredible job and I’m glad he’s committed to being the Doctor for at least a few more years...

DOWNLOAD

A brief except from the transcription:

... Q: What kind of a Doctor is he with Clara [Jenna-Louise Coleman] on board?

SMITH: "Well, I mean, it’s a funny thing really, because that’s sort of an ongoing process. It’s something that you learn as you go quite a lot of the time, because obviously I don’t know Jenna when she gets the job, just like any job but this particularly where the relationships and their relationship throughout the show is so important to the story, it’s something that is constantly evolving as you get to know each other a bit better. But of course we meet him having lost Amy and Rory which were very—that was a very important part of his life. So we meet a slightly different version of him. I think being with anyone, being with a different actress, being with a different character ultimately it’s going to change you. But, it’s hard for me to articulate what that is because I don’t know, it’s not something that I’m conscious of really..."

No comments:

Post a Comment