Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stargate Universe - GateWorld: David Blue Audio Interview

Source: GateWorld [follow link for additional listening options]

SGU

GATEWORLD: Rhapsody In Blue

October 20, 2012
by Chad Colvin


Every once in a great while, GateWorld gets the chance to conduct an interview where our time with the actor or actress is completely unlimited. It’s great for a variety of reasons, but mainly because we know we’ll get every question answered, and also because the answers that come forth are full and detailed. Such was the case earlier this year with SGU‘s David Blue.

We caught up with the actor over the phone earlier this year and as you’ll hear (and/or read), the actor clearly had a lot to say. During our interview, David chats about some of the Eli-centric episodes of Universe‘s final season, what he took away from the production, having Eli go toe-to-toe with McKay, his career going forward, and much more! In addition, he also takes the time to answer a multitude of questions from the members of GateWorld Forum!

GateWorld’s interview with David Blue runs just over 51 minutes and is available in audio for your listening pleasure. Click here for the audio transcription. Click here for David Blue's answers to questions from GateWorld Forum's fans.


DOWNLOAD


Photobucket

A brief excerpt:

GateWorld: Later in the season [two) it’s basically a meeting of the geeks and what was for the most part a successful crossover episode David Hewlett came on board to reprise his role of Rodney McKay in the episode “Seizure.” Now, with you being a professed Stargate fan prior to getting the role, was there any special thrill working with Hewlett as he played a role alongside you that you’d only enjoyed watching on TV just a few years back?


David Blue: "Yeah! You know, it’s funny. The hard thing about loving television and film as much as I do, is I watch everything. So, the more you work, the more you run into the people who you watched forever.

I had actually spoken to David beforehand. We had spoken before. You know, because I was friends with Claudia Black who introduced me to Lexa [Doig]. And, you know, met everyone along the way. So, it wasn’t our first time speaking. But when I first heard that there’d be a scene with us, which was actually at Comic-Con. That’s the first time I had heard it. I was just hoping there was a scene with him. I didn’t know if there actually would be. I was just hoping there would.

So, when the day came for his episode, I was so excited. And when I picked up the script and I’m like, “One scene?!” I was really hoping it would be this big, massive, you know, we had to do things together and figure things out. And I was really disappointed. And then we went and shot it and I realized it was perfect.

It was so cool to have this meeting of the brains. And this challenge between the two. And I liked the idea of Eli challenging McKay. And actually, you know, trying to see if maybe there would be a throwdown in the future. In my mind, had there been future episodes, there would’ve been.

And then working with him is great. I think he’s just a great guy. We’ve been following each other on Twitter already. We sat down and talked about writing projects and what have you. And it was kind of cool. I was a little struck … a little fan-struck. And I definitely have a few pictures of him and I on set together in costume just being silly. But he’s such a great professional guy and fun to work with. It was just kind of casual. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. He’s awesome...
"

Encore broadcast of Stargate Universe episodes on Syfy resume in November 2012. Click here for the November 2012 schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment