Friday, September 7, 2012

Alphas - SFX Magazine: Laura Mennell Interview

Source: SFX Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

alphas_mondays_8pm1

SFX MAGAZINE: Alphas Exclusive: Laura Mennell (Nina) Interview

by Dave Golder
September 7 2012


In an alternate universe [the] Alphas Season One DVD would have been released a couple of years back under a different title. But it may well have still starred Laura Mennell – but as a different character…

In our universe we know Mennell as Nina, the woman with the power to force people to do whatever she wants them to in the Syfy hit series. But, she reveals to SFX, things could have been very different.

The funny thing is, I remember when Alphas was called Section 8 originally, a few years before,” she tells us. “It was picked up by a major network, but then there was the writers’ strike, and it never got made."

But when it was Section 8 I tried out for Rachel, not Nina,” she recalls. “And I think people would easily see me more as a Rachel. My agent thought it was a better fit, anyway, so I tried for her. It was really funny when I tried out a few years later for Nina. I didn’t even realise that Alphas was the same show as Section 8 initially...

laura_mennell_as_nina1


Alphas airs Monday at 8/7C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment