Saturday, August 4, 2012

Warehouse 13 - SciFi and TV Talk: Eddie McClintock Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

warehouse_13_season_4_monday

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Warehouse 13's Eddie McClintock - Part of the Family


by Steve Eramo
08/02/2012


When it comes to job satisfaction, Eddie McClintock has no complaints. On this particular Monday afternoon in May, the actor is all smiles as he walks into the lunchroom at Warehouse 13’s Toronto studios. He and his fellow castmates as well as the crew are hard at work filming an episode of the hit show’s fourth season. When we last saw our heroes in the two-part year three finale, Emily Lake and Stand, one of their own, Steve Jinks, was murdered while undercover, and former Warehouse agent H.G. Wells sacrificed her life in order to save Agents Pete Lattimer, Myka Bering and Artie Nielsen as the Warehouse was destroyed around them. The whole experience is one that neither Pete nor the actor who plays him, McClintock, will soon forget.

In Emily Lake we lost Aaron Ashmore’s character of Steve Jinks, and for me, that block of television, that moment where our characters discover Jinks and then deal with that followed by the ultimate destruction of the Warehouse was quite brilliant,” praises McClintock. “I don’t care if this is basic cable or not. That’s some of the best TV I’ve seen in a long time and I’m very proud of it. I’m so happy to be able to give viewers something like that that they can hold on to. I had people writing to me on Twitter and saying, ‘It’s so unfair the way that you guys ended last season. We hate you, we love you.’

That’s what you want, though. You want people to feel something. It’s nice to make them laugh and that’s all well and good, but ultimately if you can get somebody to have the kind of emotional response that I had watching the death of Steve Jinks, that to me is part of the why I chose to become an actor. The Warehouse is gone, Jinks is gone, HG [Jaime Murray] is gone, Mrs. Frederic [CCH Pounder] is gone - we’re not sure about the dog, though. I thought I heard a yelp in there when the Warehouse went up. So that’s such a great place for us to now begin the fourth season...

eddie_mcclintock_as_peter_lattimer


Warehouse 13 airs Monday at 9/8C on Syfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment