Friday, August 24, 2012

Alphas - SciFi and TV Talk: Summer Glau Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

alphas_mondays_8pm1

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Summer Glau - An Extraordinary Summer

by Steve Eramo
08/24/2012


The sun is shinning this Thursday afternoon in Ancaster, Ontario, where the cast and crew of Syfy’s hit series Alphas are on-location filming scenes for the season two episode Alphaville. Joining them today is a very familiar face to Sci-Fi fans, Summer Glau. The warm and engaging actress is reprising her role of Skylar Adams, who made her debut in the first season episode Catch and Release.

An acquaintance of Dr. Lee Rosen’s and Nina Theroux’s, Skylar’s Alphas’ ability allows her to design and build complex devices using even the most common of items. She has passed on her superhuman DNA to her little girl Zoe, who can compute mathematics at a level far beyond that of the human brain. Needless to say, the idea of playing a supercharged techie as well as a parent was one that instantly attracted Glau.

They [Alphas producers] approached me with the character and once I read about her I was immediately excited,” she recalls. “I’d never played a mother before and it’s something I had wanted to do for a long time. So I felt like it would be a wonderful [acting] challenge for me, and I particularly liked the fact that Skylar is a mother but an unprepared mother and it’s something that doesn’t really come natural to her. I found that very moving..."


Alphas airs Monday at 8/7C on Syfy.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ALPHAS 'ALPHAVILLE' EPISODE TRAILER


summer_glau1

1 comment:

  1. Very good interview, the pics and commentary bring back a lot of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete