Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nature - TV Worth Watching: Best Bets May 16 '12 - PBS 8/7C

Source: TV Worth Watching [follow link for complete column]

Nature

TV WORTH WATCHING: BEST BETS WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2012


... NATURE: "CRACKING THE KOALA CODE"

PBS, 8:00 p.m. ET

Autobiographical aside: When I was a little kid in the mid-Fifties (yeah, I know, but I’m still alive), one of the first children’s books I read, and still remember vividly, was a watercolor-illustrated book about koala bears, lounging around in eucalyptus trees. When I was three, the word “eucalyptus” was sheer magic. (If anyone can figure out which book I was reading, I’ll come up with a suitable TV-related prize.) Today, I know that koalas are marsupials, not bears – but I know nothing about their bellowing language, which is what’s being studied in this new program about the koalas of Brisbane, Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment