Sunday, November 20, 2011

Terra Nova - Digital Spy: Shelley Conn Interview

Source: Digital Spy [follow link for complete interview]

Terra Nova 4

TERRA NOVA - DIGITAL SPY: Shelley Conn interview: 'I'm hoping for season two'

By Morgan Jeffery
Saturday, Nov 19 2011

Terra Nova has been wowing viewers on both sides of the Atlantic with its breathtaking visuals and exciting action scenes, but there's a family dynamic at the show's heart - the Shannon clan, led by father Jim (Jason O'Mara) and mother Elisabeth (Shelley Conn), take center stage.

Digital Spy caught up with Shelley Conn to discuss her role as the Shannon matriarch - in our interview, the charming actress hints at the twists and turns to come on Terra Nova and reveals that she almost played a different character entirely! Read on to find out more...

Photobucket

... Q: You're an English actress using her own accent in a US show. Was there ever talk of you performing with an American twang?

Shelley Conn: "Yeah. When I auditioned, I did both English and American. I was auditioning for Mira [eventually played by Christine Adams] as well - I had to find what my place in the show as going to be, but I was determined to be in it in some way! For me, I always felt that Mira was English and Elisabeth was American, so when they cast me as Elisabeth, I said, 'Oh please let me do it in American!'

"But after some discussion, they said we needed to stick with the English accent. I think the director [of the pilot] Alex Graves just loved the sound of it, which was baffling to me, but flattering at the same time! But now I feel that it's absolutely right. To start with, even in takes, I would start sentences off and kept playing it in American! I'd have to stop myself and start again! But now, I definitely feel that she's English...
"

No comments:

Post a Comment