Friday, October 21, 2011

Once Upon A time - USA Today: Ginnifer Goodwin Interview

Source: USA Today [follow link for complete interview]

Once Upon a Time

USA TODAY: Ginnifer Goodwin's life takes a fairy-tale turn

Ginnifer Goodwin has gone from polygamist to princess.

By Cindy Clark
October 20, 2011

Snow White, to be exact. And it just so happens to be her favorite of the bunch.

"It is, and ironically, I was Snow White two years ago for Halloween," she says, calling from a Burger King at Los Angeles International Airport. "I remember saying to my little sister when I explained my (costume) choice: 'You know, one of my biggest dreams in life is to play a Disney princess. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I always go all-out with my costumes. I'd better go ahead and dress up like a Disney princess now, because if I ever land a princess role, I wouldn't be able to do that then..."

Photobucket

... It's a good thing she did when she had the chance, because the former star of HBO's Big Love can now be seen as Snow White on ABC's Once Upon a Time (Sundays, 8 p.m. ET/PT).

But it almost wasn't to be. After her "perfect" experience as Margie on seven seasons of the polygamous family drama, Goodwin, 33, says she "wasn't planning on going back to television at all. … I wanted to take a break from the world of televion and explore a film career."

She wanted the "luxury of time," something a television shooting schedule did not afford. But after reading "every film script I could get my hands on," the actress, who has starred in movies including He's Just Not That Into You and Mona Lisa Smile, was left more than a little dismayed.

"Let's be honest: Those offers are going to Amy Adams and Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman, Michelle Williams and Carey Mulligan," she says. "I do understand my place in this business. These are the girls getting offers on the scripts that I would want to be part of..."

No comments:

Post a Comment