Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eureka - AV Club: Felicia Day Interview

Source: AV Club [follow link for complete interview]

Eureka Xmas 2011

EUREKA - AV CLUB: Felicia Day Interview


by A.J. Sheeran
October 18, 2011

In the four years since Felicia Day launched The Guild, the hit web series about online gaming, she’s cemented her reign over geek culture by starring in the last several episodes of Eureka, writing Guild comic-book tie-ins, and acting as an Interactive keynote speaker at SXSW 2011. While the average schmoe might not recognize her, Day has worked on more dream projects than most high-profile actors. Her most recent is Dragon Age: Redemption, a web series based on the role-playing game. In the meantime, the fifth season of The Guild just wrapped up on October 11, and Day is making frequent stops at comic conventions across the country. Before heading to New York Comic Con, Day sat down with The A.V. Club to talk about voiceover work for videogames, onscreen stabbing, and The Guild’s recent guest stars...

Photobucket

... AVC: You’ve talked about horrible rejections from casting directors, which motivated you to just write your own parts. With people coming to you with projects like Dragon Age and Rock Jocks, which was written with you in mind, do you think you’re passed that point of having to create your own jobs?

FD: "I believe you are never past the point of creating opportunities for yourself. Right now, people are aware of me, and writing parts for me, like on Eureka, which is an absolute dream come true. But who knows? In two years, everyone could have forgotten about me. Moved on. I have little control over that. This is a very fickle business, especially for women. At the end of the day, I know if I continue to make my own opportunities, then I’ll be fulfilled. I don’t need millions of dollars. I need to know that what I’m doing with my life is expressing who I am, and maybe making people happy. This is all we get. Make the most of it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment