Thursday, September 22, 2011

CSI - Star Pulse: Ted Danson Interview

Source: Star Pulse [follow link for complete interview]

CSI Ted Danson

STAR PULSE: Ted Danson Gives His Thoughts On Joining The Cast Of 'CSI'

September 20th, 2011
by Fred Topel


There’s no stopping the CSI juggernaut, not even the loss of the lead investigator. When Grissom (William Petersen) left, Langston (Laurence Fishburne) was there to lead the team. Now he’s left and D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) is leading the crime scene investigators of Las Vegas.

We’ve seen Danson get serious recently as Arthur Frobisher in Damages. He’s still most famous as a comedian, in Cheers, Becker and still Curb Your Enthusiasm and Bored to Death. Danson left his Martha’s Vineyard summer home early to get to work on CSI and speak with the Television Critics Association about it this summer. He joins the show beginning this season’s premiere, Sept. 21 on CBS...


... Q: Was going on archeological digs as a kid similar to being a CSI?

TD: "I grew up around skulls. My father was an archaeologist/anthropologist in Tuscon and then later in Flagstaff, Arizona and we would go on these digs. And as a four or five-year-old, I would get to play around in the ancient trash heaps, and you would find a skull, and you would be whisked away. So I grew up around skulls. Once when I was 11 years old, this is my bad CSI story, I was out playing with my buddies in the woods. We were playing army, and we came across a skull that had a patch of hair and a little round hole here and a bigger hole here, and the archaeologist's son went, "Oh, cool. Let's play Romans and Gauls.” Stuck it on the end of a pole, and off we went for the rest of the day. Came home, told my father, he went through the roof. Went through the roof, went looking for it with the police the next day, couldn't find it. Five years later, one of my buddies was up hiking in the same area, found that same skull again, brought it back to the museum where my father was working, put model clay on it and then drew a sketch of what the face would have looked like after molding clay on it, put it in the newspaper, and they identified him. That's my little CSI story from a kid. Isn't that cool?"

No comments:

Post a Comment