Monday, August 1, 2011

Alphas - Boston Herald: Malik Yoba Interview

Source: Boston Herald [follow link for complete interview]

Alphas Monday

ALPHAS - BOSTON HERALD: Yoba drawn to strengths of Syfy’s ‘Alphas’


By Amy Amatangelo
Monday, August 1, 2011


When Malik Yoba heard about “Alphas,” he didn’t want any part of it.

The New York native had just finished filming “Defying Gravity,” which was his 10th TV series. “I was more interested in doing my own thing,” Yoba told the Herald from the show’s Toronto set. “I was very concerned that the show would be squandered.

He changed his mind after talking with Syfy representatives and Jack Bender (“Lost”), who directed the pilot. “There are a lot of reasons why things work and don’t work. I think Syfy really understands its audience. They really understand how to mass-market something. I think they did an incredible job at getting the word out on our show.

In the series (tonight at 10), Yoba stars as Bill Harken, an ex-FBI agent who has superhuman strength. “I just think the episodes get better and better,” he said. “The relationships are going to get stronger. I just got handed the script for episode 10, which is a crazy cliffhanger. People might even cry at the end of the episode...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment