Sunday, July 10, 2011

Warehouse 13 - Starry Constellation Magazine: Eddie McClintock, Allison Scagliotti and Saul Rubinek Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Warehouse 13 July 11

WAREHOUSE 13 - STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: Eddie McClintock, Allison Scagliotti and Saul Rubinek Interview

by: Jamie Steinberg


... Q) You’re well into Season 3 now, you’ve done a lot of episodes. Can you tell me what your favorite episode has been so far?

Photobucket

Allison Scagliotti: "My favorite happens right in the middle of the season, it’s episode six, called Don’t Hate the Player. And this episode has everything. It’s probably our most absurd, to date, I think in the history of Warehouse. There are sort of Tron-meets-Dungeons-and-Dragons episode with an amazing guest cast. We all plus get to do crazy things and play sort of heightened versions of ourselves and also very different versions of ourselves. And that’s the episode that heralds the return of Mr. (Neil Grayson) to Warehouse 13."

Photobucket

Eddie McClintock: "I would say Don’t Hate the Player is definitely one of my favorites in the - of the season. It’s things like that just start being - they just started being done on television. The fact that we got it by the network and they let us make the show, it speaks a lot towards the amount of confidence that they have in our writers and our show runner and Jack Kenny and us as actors to pull this off. It was so much fun and like Allison said, there’s really some absurd stuff but it’s actually funny. It’s not just silly and stupid. It’s stuff that will make you laugh which obviously is always very important. My other favorite would be, there’s an episode called Love Sick where I had to play being drunk and - and for quite a bit of it and it’s always - I’ve only had to maybe do that one other time. But it was really challenging for me to walk the line between someone playing drunk and someone who’s actually looks the part. So because that was a big challenge for me as an actor, I’ll be interested to see how it turned out. And I hear that it turned out okay. So I guess the payoff is that it’s always nice when you’re trying to convey something and you’re able to actually do that. So those were my two favorites, I’d say."

Photobucket

Saul Rubinek: And that episode, Love Sick, was one of my favorites too and the other one too that you mentioned, Don’t Hate the Player, I got to play a kind of Artie - you know, as if he were doing a Monty Python movie. And it was an offshoot of Artie. And in Love Sick, Artie’s bedroom is introduced and it’s an extraordinary set; gets used a couple of times during the season. Terrific times. But what - this is an opportunity and I think Allison and Eddie will join in is to talk about the unsung hero. We’ve sung praises of Jack Kenny and our co-stars and how well we get along and we have wonderful guest stars. But the unsung hero of our series is really Franco De Cotiis, who is our production designer who is a magician, who has created a look for this show that I will - I really believe he should be nominated for an Emmy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment