Thursday, July 7, 2011

Warehouse 13 - Collider: Exclusive Aaron Ashmore Interview

Source: Collider [follow link for complete interview]

Photobucket

WAREHOUSE 13 - COLLIDER: Exclusive Aaron Ashmore Interview

by Christina Radish
July 6th, 2011

For the third season of the popular SyFy series Warehouse 13, young ATF agent Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore) is recruited by Mrs. Frederic (CCH Pounder) to be the new partner of Pete Lattimer (Eddie McClintock), since his last partner, Myka Bering (Joanne Kelly), left the top-secret storage facility. While intrigued by Jinks’ ability to detect when someone is lying, they cautiously accept him onto the team, as they go out to retrieve various strange artifacts, mysterious relics, fantastical objects and preternatural souvenirs for Artie, (Saul Rubinek), the Warehouse’s caretaker.

During this exclusive interview with Collider, actor Aaron Ashmore (who played Jimmy Olson on the CW series Smallville) talked about the unusual way he came to the role, his nerves about the fan reaction to him coming in as the new guy, working with this ensemble of actors, not wanting his character’s ability in real life, and how he enjoys sci-fi, comic books and video games himself...

Photobucket

... Q: Had you been familiar with the show at all, or did you catch up once you were cast?

ASHMORE: "I’d actually seen the show before and had been very aware of it because it was shooting in Toronto, and I have a lot of actor friends who were always going out for it. And, I know that it had been doing really well on SyFy. I follow that world a little bit, and I had seen a lot of stuff about it. And, Jack gave me a ton of episodes so I could watch it and catch up, and really see where they were at in the story and how the show had developed. I’d seen a few episodes, but I hadn’t seen all the seasons, so he caught me up. And then, I had to just jump in and go to it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment