Monday, July 18, 2011

Castle - Nathan Fillion - Hollywood Reporter: Comic Con 2011 Q and A

Source: The Hollywood Reporter [follow link for complete q and a]

Castle

CASTLE - NATHAN FILLION - THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: Comic Con 2011 Q and A

The former "Firefly" star recalls attending his first convention with Joss Whedon and offers sage advice for first-time attendees.

7/11/2011
by Lesley Goldberg


With hundreds of thousands of people attending San Diego Comic-Con every year and the July 20-24 event quickly approaching, The Hollywood Reporter chatted with the big names in television to discuss their favorite memories and tips for attending the annual event. THR’s Live Feed will talk Comic-Con with actors, writers and producers in the days leading up to the event so check back soon for interviews and the latest news on panels and screenings.

Nathan Fillion

Geek Cred: Firefly, Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Castle
Comic-Con panel: Sunday, July 24 at 11:45 a.m., Room 6BCF

Photobucket


THR: What do you remember about your first Comic-Con?

Fillion: My first Comic-Con was when I first met Joss Whedon: He introduced me to that world and I’d never been to a convention before that. He and a bunch of the Buffy and Angel writers were all going down in a big van and he invited me along.


THR: What were your first impressions of Comic-Con?

Fillion: He didn’t describe it or take time to say, “Here’s what it’s going to be like”; the experience for me was fresh as I walked through the crowd and nobody knew who I was. I wasn’t anybody until Firefly. I remember what a rock star Joss was and how just the mention of a word would get people screaming, clapping and stomping their feet to the point that the floor would shake...

No comments:

Post a Comment