Friday, April 15, 2011

Sanctuary - Starry Constellation Magazine: Amanda Tapping & Robin Dunne Interview

Source: Starry Constellation Magazine [follow link for complete interview]

Photobucket

STARRY CONSTELLATION MAGAZINE: Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne - Sanctuary

by: Jamie Steinberg
April 2011

... Q) What would you two like to see happen for your character, like character development-wise. Not necessarily you know, story.

Robin Dunne: I’d love to do a musical. I think just to be on stage and sing, and I’d love Will to sort of get into more dance routines. I mean, we did a little bit of the Bollywood. I think it would be lovely to just show off some of my other skills that I have. I mean, I’m a juggler. I do magic. And I just think there’s so many wasted opportunities that they haven’t brought these things into the show. I can do many things and I think I would just wish that the creative team..

Amanda Tapping: We’re wasting some of that precious talent. I was just going to say I hope Magnus gets a really cool love interest this year. I know what’s beautiful is sometimes we’re allowed to sit in with the writers, and I’ve been here for the last months sort of sitting while they’ve been developing the series. The stuff they come up with is beyond what we could even imagine happening. So they come up with stuff that’s always so much better and so much cooler than what we think of. The only thing I asked for was that I hope Helen gets like a really interesting love interest. Not that I want it to be about Helen having a love interest; I just want to show that there’s a very evolved, loving - you know sexual, interesting woman in there besides just this sort of analytic scientist that we’ve sort of been seeing for the last (few seasons).

Robin Dunne: And we’ve all kind of gotten a little bit of romance.

Amanda Tapping: Except for Magnus.

Robin Dunne: And Magnus is a little left out I think.

Amanda Tapping: You're wasting good Stilettos...

NEW episodes of Sanctuary return to Syfy (US) on Friday, April 15, 2011 at 10/9C.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment