Saturday, February 12, 2011

Justified - Star Pulse: Timothy Olyphant Interview

Source: Star Pulse [follow link for complete interview]

Justified

STAR PULSE: Interview: Timothy Olyphant Is A 'Justified' Presence

by Brittany Frederick
February 10th, 2011

It's no wonder why Timothy Olyphant rules the screen as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens: pardon my language, but he's a badass both on and off screen. The star of FX's Justified is one of my all-time favorite actors, both for his masterful performances and because he's just as watchable when he's not playing a part. You can imagine my excitement, then, when he sat down with me to talk about season two of one of the best shows on television. I had a hard time not fawning...or falling over laughing...

Photobucket

... The part of season two that really interests me so far is the changing relationship between Raylan and Boyd. You and Walton Goggins work very well together. Where is that headed this year?

TO: "Walt’s fantastic. Anytime he’s on the call sheet I know it’s going to be an easy day for me, because I just sit back and let him do all the work. When you’ve got someone who’s going to take the take, moment to moment, keep you on your toes - I remember years ago, my acting teachers saying, “Just work off the other person.” Well, when you’ve got someone like Walt [that] makes it real easy to do it.

As far as his character, we had a lot of fun with him this year. Elmore said, "He’s one of these guys where I don’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth, but I can’t stop listening to him." He’s one of those guys who just seems like he could be whoever and whatever he needs to be, given the situation. Walt can speak more eloquently about the character than I can, but we really had a lot of fun watching him sort of start out with him sort of lost in the woods, and [then] kind of regain his footing and find his way and come back to life. And he’s in a completely more kind of dangerous and compelling way this year than last year..."

Justified airs Wednesday 10/9C on FX.

No comments:

Post a Comment