Friday, February 25, 2011

Being Human - SciFi and TV Talk: Sam Witwer Interview

Source: SciFi and TV Talk [follow link for complete interview]

Being Human

SCIFI AND TV TALK: Being Human's Sam Witwer - Vamping It Up

Sometimes it takes a person until he or she is an adult to truly figure out what they want to do for the rest of their life, Not Sam Witwer. He had his mind set on a certain career path from a young age, but nonetheless, he still made a slight detour along the way. “When I was in the fifth grade, my family went on vacation to Los Angeles,” he recalls. “We saw all the movie studios and I was really struck by the magic of film-making.

“One of the studio tours that we took was at Paramount. I’m a big Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, and sitting there in his trailer with the door open was Wil Wheaton. When you’re 11 or 12 years old, which Next Generation character do you relate to the most, but Wesley Crusher. Wil was cool enough to invite me and my brother into his trailer and spent 20 minutes or so talking with the two of us.

“Between all the experiences I had in LA, seeing the sets and the studios, learning, albeit from a child’s perspective, a little bit about the business, and then meeting this actor who played a TV character that I admired, it really made an impression on me. So much so that when we got home I decided, ‘That’s what I want to do. I want to become an actor.’ However, as I got older and became more realistic about what I should be doing with my life, I thought, ‘Nah, I’m going to be a rock star,’” says Witwer with a chuckle...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment