Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stargate Universe - 10 Things You Didn't Know About Brian J. Smith

Source: MGM

10 Things You Didn't Know About Brian J. Smith

Photobucket

He's Colonel Young's right-hand man, Greer's partner in crime and Chloe's confidant. And it seems every week, at least one crew member of the Destiny is saved as a result of his selflessness and heroism.

You know him as Lt. Scott. Now get to know Brian J. Smith:

1. When I was a kid we lived out in the country for awhile in TX - we had miniature horses, rabbits, a poodle named Rocky and an ATV.

2. I'm really into military history, and spend way too much time reading about the Civil War, Vietnam, and Iraq/Afghanistan. I'm interested in how war changes us.

3. I've got two MUCH younger brothers - I'm 8 years older than Cory and 14 years older than Billy. I was the designated diaper changer.

4. If I could have any other career, I'd be a musician of some kind - a conductor, pianist, or a drummer in a rock band.

5. I'm not a morning person at all, probably due to years of doing theatre. My ideal schedule is waking up at 10:30am and going to bed around 2:00am.

6. I was a very skinny kid growing up, so I started working out in college to get a little more size and to gain some confidence as well. It's been a big part of my life ever since.

7. I got interested in Eastern philosophy when a teacher had us read 'Zen And The Art Of Archery' when I was at Julliard. Meditation has become a part of my daily routine, and I try to do it for 30 minutes a day.

8. If I could have a home anywhere in the world, it'd be in the mountains of western North Carolina.

9. One of the coolest gigs I've had was getting to work in London for six weeks shooting a remake of 'Murder on the Orient Express'. That was my first time in Europe, and I loved it!

10. One of my first jobs was delivering pizza for Pizza Hut when I was in high school. It was actually a cool job - I got to drive around town and listen to music all day. And everyone is happy when the pizza guy shows up!


Follow Brian on Twitter @BrianJacobSmith

1 comment: